HISD to hold another meeting on later school start times
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Independent School District is holding another meeting today to consider adding 19 minutes to the average student's school day.
It begins today at noon at the Hattie Mae Education Support Center on West 18th Street.
The district says it would save more than $1 million while adding the equivalent of 7 full days of class in the school year.
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep 14 min ago
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area 55 min ago
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris County 46 min ago
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool 33 min ago
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout 30 min ago
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 8 min ago
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Robbery suspects lead police on overnight chase
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos