HISD to hold another meeting on later school start times
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Independent School District is holding another meeting today to consider adding 19 minutes to the average student's school day.
It begins today at noon at the Hattie Mae Education Support Center on West 18th Street.
The district says it would save more than $1 million while adding the equivalent of 7 full days of class in the school year.
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 31 min ago
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 33 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 22 min ago
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather