HISD to hold another meeting on later school start times
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Houston Independent School District is holding another meeting today to consider adding 19 minutes to the average student's school day.
It begins today at noon at the Hattie Mae Education Support Center on West 18th Street.
The district says it would save more than $1 million while adding the equivalent of 7 full days of class in the school year.
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 56 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot in Bellaire-area parking lot 9 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush 6 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
22 min ago