Pearland to unveil new Project Stars Monument on Pearland Parkway this week
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- The city of Pearland will unveil its new Project Stars Monument this week.
Pearland has built the new monument to create a unique and historic entry point into the city on Pearland Parkway. The city, an active member of the San Jacinto, Texas Historic District, has built the 30 foot tall tower constructed of brick and stone veneer within the median of Pearland Parkway. It includes a nine-point Gateway Star at the top that resembles the star atop the San Jacinto Monument.
The ribbon cutting ceremony will take place Thursday, April 12 at 9am at the UH - Clear Lake Pearland Campus at 1200 Pearland Parkway.
The city says the project was brought together through the efforts of the Economic Alliance Houston Port Region and funds provided by grants from the Houston-Galveston Area Council and Keep Pearland Beautiful.
- Tanker spill cleanup to continue overnight
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos