Pearland to unveil new Project Stars Monument on Pearland Parkway this week
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- The city of Pearland will unveil its new Project Stars Monument this week.
Pearland has built the new monument to create a unique and historic entry point into the city on Pearland Parkway. The city, an active member of the San Jacinto, Texas Historic District, has built the 30 foot tall tower constructed of brick and stone veneer within the median of Pearland Parkway. It includes a nine-point Gateway Star at the top that resembles the star atop the San Jacinto Monument.
The ribbon cutting ceremony will take place Thursday, April 12 at 9am at the UH - Clear Lake Pearland Campus at 1200 Pearland Parkway.
The city says the project was brought together through the efforts of the Economic Alliance Houston Port Region and funds provided by grants from the Houston-Galveston Area Council and Keep Pearland Beautiful.
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle