Woman charged after kid climbs out of car
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Corpus Christi woman is facing a felony charge after she allegedly failed to supervise her daughter last weekend.
At about 10:35pm on Easter Sunday, officials say Latoi Rashea Thomas, 26, parked her vehicle in the parking lot of a seafood restaurant in the 10300 block of the North Freeway near West Road and fell asleep.
When a Houston police officer arrived on the scene, Thomas' two-year-old daughter was found to be running around in the parking lot. Police say it took the officer a few minutes to wake up Thomas. She reportedly told the officer that her car had broken down and she was waiting for a relative to come assist her.
Court documents state that the toddler was unrestrained in the car. Thomas reportedly admitted she didn't have a car seat for the child.
Thomas is charged with endangering a child. Bail was set at $5,000.
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos