Missing special needs man found safe
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- On the ground, in the air and in the water, search teams combed an area in north Harris County looking for a missing man before discovering him alive -- injured, but otherwise safe.
Donald Pratt was missing for about a day before he was found safe. His family says he's mentally disabled and they believe he wandered away from his Spring area home.
Pratt's residence is surrounded by woods on all sides and it's nearly a mile to any nearby stores or restaurants.
Pratt was last seen between 12:30pm and 2pm Tuesday when he was napping at home. His parents were taking a nap as well and when they woke up, Pratt was gone.
He is both mentally and physically handicapped, and needs to take seizure medications four times a day. He has already missed three of those doses.
More than 100 volunteers were out searching for Pratt before he was found in a wooded area just after noon Wednesday. Officials say he suffered a broken leg.
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 54 min ago
- Severe weather clears Houston
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 18 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 38 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife 47 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 16 min ago
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- 'Topless' protest falls flat on Brazil beach
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?