Missing special needs man found safe
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- On the ground, in the air and in the water, search teams combed an area in north Harris County looking for a missing man before discovering him alive -- injured, but otherwise safe.
Donald Pratt was missing for about a day before he was found safe. His family says he's mentally disabled and they believe he wandered away from his Spring area home.
Pratt's residence is surrounded by woods on all sides and it's nearly a mile to any nearby stores or restaurants.
Pratt was last seen between 12:30pm and 2pm Tuesday when he was napping at home. His parents were taking a nap as well and when they woke up, Pratt was gone.
He is both mentally and physically handicapped, and needs to take seizure medications four times a day. He has already missed three of those doses.
More than 100 volunteers were out searching for Pratt before he was found in a wooded area just after noon Wednesday. Officials say he suffered a broken leg.
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor 5 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after found safe 24 min ago
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced 53 min ago
- Fears rise for missing in SKorea ferry sinking
- All 'View' co-hosts will salute Barbara Walters