Missing special needs man found safe
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- On the ground, in the air and in the water, search teams combed an area in north Harris County looking for a missing man before discovering him alive -- injured, but otherwise safe.
Donald Pratt was missing for about a day before he was found safe. His family says he's mentally disabled and they believe he wandered away from his Spring area home.
Pratt's residence is surrounded by woods on all sides and it's nearly a mile to any nearby stores or restaurants.
Pratt was last seen between 12:30pm and 2pm Tuesday when he was napping at home. His parents were taking a nap as well and when they woke up, Pratt was gone.
He is both mentally and physically handicapped, and needs to take seizure medications four times a day. He has already missed three of those doses.
More than 100 volunteers were out searching for Pratt before he was found in a wooded area just after noon Wednesday. Officials say he suffered a broken leg.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Son shoots, kills man allegedly attacking dad 2 min ago
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot 2 min ago
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend 2 min ago
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson 1 min ago
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston 2 min ago
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos