Missing special needs man found safe
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- On the ground, in the air and in the water, search teams combed an area in north Harris County looking for a missing man before discovering him alive -- injured, but otherwise safe.
Donald Pratt was missing for about a day before he was found safe. His family says he's mentally disabled and they believe he wandered away from his Spring area home.
Pratt's residence is surrounded by woods on all sides and it's nearly a mile to any nearby stores or restaurants.
Pratt was last seen between 12:30pm and 2pm Tuesday when he was napping at home. His parents were taking a nap as well and when they woke up, Pratt was gone.
He is both mentally and physically handicapped, and needs to take seizure medications four times a day. He has already missed three of those doses.
More than 100 volunteers were out searching for Pratt before he was found in a wooded area just after noon Wednesday. Officials say he suffered a broken leg.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Create a bracelet from the recycling bin