Video from attempted robbery in Sugar Land released
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Police are looking for two men they believe were behind an attempted robbery at a Sugar Land Walmart, and they've got surveillance video they want you to see.
It happened back on April 5 at the Walmart at 345 Highway 6 South. Investigators say a 42-year-old woman was leaving the store just before midnight. As she approached her vehicle, they say a man tried to steal her purse.
While she struggled to hold onto her purse, she fell and was dragged a short distance, say police. She screamed for help, and the suspect ran away.
The suspect is described as an African-American male between 20 and 25 years old. He is roughly 5-foot-5 and appears to weigh around 120 pounds. He was wearing a black shirt and black shorts with a white stripe. He had a tattoo under his right eye.
Investigators say the man was seen leaving the parking lot in a black Mercedes with a second African-American male. That male is also between 20 and 25 years old, standing around 6-feet tall and appears to weigh around 300 pounds.
Anyone with information should call the Sugar Land Police Department at 281-275-2540 or Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS (8477).
sugar land, local
- weather: Rain showers popping up across SE Texas
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder 31 min ago
- Overturned tanker truck causing traffic nightmare 45 min ago
- Residents fire through door, killing woman 21 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Gay pride parade's new condom policy draws criticism
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall 49 min ago
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: Brain-eating amoeba warning in Florida
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue