Video from attempted robbery in Sugar Land released
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- Police are looking for two men they believe were behind an attempted robbery at a Sugar Land Walmart, and they've got surveillance video they want you to see.
It happened back on April 5 at the Walmart at 345 Highway 6 South. Investigators say a 42-year-old woman was leaving the store just before midnight. As she approached her vehicle, they say a man tried to steal her purse.
While she struggled to hold onto her purse, she fell and was dragged a short distance, say police. She screamed for help, and the suspect ran away.
The suspect is described as an African-American male between 20 and 25 years old. He is roughly 5-foot-5 and appears to weigh around 120 pounds. He was wearing a black shirt and black shorts with a white stripe. He had a tattoo under his right eye.
Investigators say the man was seen leaving the parking lot in a black Mercedes with a second African-American male. That male is also between 20 and 25 years old, standing around 6-feet tall and appears to weigh around 300 pounds.
Anyone with information should call the Sugar Land Police Department at 281-275-2540 or Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS (8477).
sugar land, local
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 41 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- Hearing scheduled to terminate rights of Baby Chloe's parents
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 4 min ago
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved 19 min ago
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
- Aerials of Moore tornado damage
40 min ago