Volunteers make repairs, improvements on Global Care Day
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The city of Houston and LyondellBasell employees worked Saturday on fixing up spaces used by persons with disabilities.
The project involved a more than 200 volunteers from LyondellBasell who renovated spaces used for recreation programs for those with disabilities.
The day also included the assembly of care packages for U.S. troops in Afghanistan and a concert by children with disabilities.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat