Volunteers make repairs, improvements on Global Care Day
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The city of Houston and LyondellBasell employees worked Saturday on fixing up spaces used by persons with disabilities.
The project involved a more than 200 volunteers from LyondellBasell who renovated spaces used for recreation programs for those with disabilities.
The day also included the assembly of care packages for U.S. troops in Afghanistan and a concert by children with disabilities.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail