Volunteers make repairs, improvements on Global Care Day
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The city of Houston and LyondellBasell employees worked Saturday on fixing up spaces used by persons with disabilities.
The project involved a more than 200 volunteers from LyondellBasell who renovated spaces used for recreation programs for those with disabilities.
The day also included the assembly of care packages for U.S. troops in Afghanistan and a concert by children with disabilities.
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 48 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 15 min ago
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women 7 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- SpaceX launches supplies to space station 29 min ago
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out 46 min ago
- University overstated fiscal health by some $23M 56 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio