Co-worker accused of stealing nurse's credit card number while working at Texas Medical Center
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston woman is accused of stealing a co-worker's credit card number while they worked the graveyard shift in the Texas Medical Center and using it to buy bean bag chairs and other items.
The victim, a nurse at St. Luke's Hospital, was working on March 4 and left her purse in the employee lounge. She says the next day, she went to use her credit card and it was declined. The victim contacted her credit card company who told her that the card was canceled because of fraudulent purchases made on Amazon.com. The company told her the credit card was used during the time she was working on March 4 from a computer located inside her building.
Police say they obtained an Amazon invoice of the fraudulent purchases using the victim's credit card and that the items were shipped to an address occupied by Kapresha Ajita Johnson. The woman told police she knows Johnson as a co-worker who was working the same night her credit card number was stolen.
Court documents state Johnson told police she wrote down the victim's credit card number and made online purchases using it on Amazon. Police say they found two items at Johnson's residence that were fraudulently purchased: a Big Joe Football Bean Bag and a Big Joe Video Lounger.
Johnson, 28, is charged with credit/debit card abuse. Bond has been set at $2,000.
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting 40 min ago
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston
- Houston city pools open for the summer
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- City Elections in Houston: The Disappearing Urban Voters 51 min ago
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Dancin' in the Streets Motown Revue this...
18 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos