Mom fatally shot, newborn kidnapped outside doctor's office
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An Amber Alert has been issued for a newborn baby boy, kidnapped after his mother was shot to death outside a Montgomery County doctor's office.
The deadly kidnapping happened at least in earshot of people. One woman who didn't want to be identified said she heard shots, and then saw people scatter.
A young mother lay lifeless in the parking lot beside her truck at the pediatrician's office at Borough Park and Sawdust.
"She was laying on the ground. She wasn't moving for nothing," said witness Joshua Jesson. "But then I saw a blue Lexus drive off in that direction."
Inside that car was the victim's three-day-old son, taken by the woman believed to have shot her. Investigators say there was a verbal altercation.
"The child was being put into the suspect vehicle and that's when the mother tried to get into the car. The car sped away, knocking the lady to the ground," said Lt. Dan Norris with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office.
The mother, who had been shot multiple times, later died at Hermann Memorial Hospital in The Woodlands.
The suspect is described as a thin black woman in her late 20s or early 30s. She is described as having gold hair and was wearing a gray sweatshirt and blue jeans. The car is a light blue or sea green four-door Lexus sedan.
The kidnapping victim is a baby boy, wearing a green and white one piece outfit that has 'Handsome' on the front. An Amber Alert has been issued for Keegan Schuchardt. The newborn is said to be 22 inches long and weighs six pounds and 15 ounces. He has very short brown hair.
There is police activity at a nearby apartment. Officers had their guns drawn around a unit at the Fawndale apartments on Sawdust at Sawmill. They eventually entered the apartment, walked out and later put crime scene tape around the area. However, we still are not certain whether or not the scene has anything to do with the Amber Alert.
Anyone with information about Keegan or the suspect is asked to call the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office at 936-760-5876 or call 911.
Stay with ABC13 Eyewitness News for the latest on this developing story.
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma 59 min ago
- Driver killed when SUV goes airborne
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- Volunteer firefighters save man from burning home
- Man found fatally shot at Motel 6 in east Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos