Big rig accident causes fuel spill
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A big rig crashed in southwest Houston this morning and leaked fuel on the roadway.
HazMat teams are at the scene of the accident on the Southwest Freeway near Wilcrest. Police tell us a car slammed into the big rig, but the 18-wheeler kept going. The driver then apparently realized his truck was on fire and tried to back down the ramp, but one of his wheels became stuck on the guard rail.
The big rig was carrying 120 gallons of fuel and some of it leaked down the ramp.
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man's body found in middle of street in SW Houston 18 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake' 9 min ago
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa 25 min ago
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16 56 min ago
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- David Tillman's Wednesday weather forecast
15 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos