Man accused of dousing wife with gas, threatening to set her on fire in Texas City
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A man is accused of dousing his wife with gasoline and threatening to set her on fire in Texas City.
Kentrick Tamarkus Jones, 25, is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Texas City police say on April 15, Jones and his wife, Gaylin Denise Jones, got into an argument over where he had been the night before. Gaylin Jones says she left the apartment in the 3400 block of 9th Ave. N. in fear of a fight breaking out between the two when Kentrick Jones poured gas on her, flicked a cigarette lighter and threatened to light her on fire.
Gaylin Jones then ran to her friend's apartment. Police were called, but officers were unable to find her husband, they say.
Texas City police say Gaylin Jones, 20, didn't require medical treatment
Bond has been set at $80,000. Kentrick Jones is not in custody, but police say they've been in contact with him, attempting to get him to turn himself in.
texas city, local
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale