FBI searching for man who robbed Galleria area bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The FBI is asking for help identifying a man who held up a bank in the Galleria area.
It happened at the Green Bank in the 5000 block of San Felipe at around 3pm Tuesday. Authorities say the man, who was captured by surveillance video, walked in and handed a note to the teller saying he had a gun and demanded money. The teller gave him some cash and the suspect fled on foot.
No one was physically hurt during the robbery.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 30s, approximately 5 feet 7 inches, and weighing 155 pounds. He wore dark clothes, large dark sunglasses and a Houston Astros baseball cap during the robbery.
Anyone who recognizes him is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor