FBI searching for man who robbed Galleria area bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The FBI is asking for help identifying a man who held up a bank in the Galleria area.
It happened at the Green Bank in the 5000 block of San Felipe at around 3pm Tuesday. Authorities say the man, who was captured by surveillance video, walked in and handed a note to the teller saying he had a gun and demanded money. The teller gave him some cash and the suspect fled on foot.
No one was physically hurt during the robbery.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 30s, approximately 5 feet 7 inches, and weighing 155 pounds. He wore dark clothes, large dark sunglasses and a Houston Astros baseball cap during the robbery.
Anyone who recognizes him is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos