FBI searching for man who robbed Galleria area bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The FBI is asking for help identifying a man who held up a bank in the Galleria area.
It happened at the Green Bank in the 5000 block of San Felipe at around 3pm Tuesday. Authorities say the man, who was captured by surveillance video, walked in and handed a note to the teller saying he had a gun and demanded money. The teller gave him some cash and the suspect fled on foot.
No one was physically hurt during the robbery.
The suspect is described as a black male in his 30s, approximately 5 feet 7 inches, and weighing 155 pounds. He wore dark clothes, large dark sunglasses and a Houston Astros baseball cap during the robbery.
Anyone who recognizes him is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge 23 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Family escapes house fire in east Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand