Three killed in single-car wreck north of downtown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Three people died in a car wreck just north of downtown Houston early Sunday.
It happened around 3am on Hoffman at Colfax.
Police said the driver was apparently speeding when he lost control of the car, jumped a ditch and slammed into a tree.
Four men were in the car. Three of them died and the fourth was taken to an area hospital in serious condition, police said.
Nearby resident Richy Garcia rushed outside when he heard the crash.
"It sounded like thunder, like a real loud boom," he said.
Garcia said he was shocked by what he saw.
"You can't even tell if it's a truck or a car," he said.
Two people were ejected and two were stuck inside the vehicle. Garcia called 911.
"They wanted me to give him CPR. I told them, 'the guy is dead, I cant give him CPR. And I don't know CPR,'" he said.
Investigators are looking into whether alcohol was a factor in the crash.
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston
- Botox now big with 20-somethings
- What kinds of luxury cars can you buy in Houston?
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos