Three killed in single-car wreck north of downtown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Three people died in a car wreck just north of downtown Houston early Sunday.
It happened around 3am on Hoffman at Colfax.
Police said the driver was apparently speeding when he lost control of the car, jumped a ditch and slammed into a tree.
Four men were in the car. Three of them died and the fourth was taken to an area hospital in serious condition, police said.
Nearby resident Richy Garcia rushed outside when he heard the crash.
"It sounded like thunder, like a real loud boom," he said.
Garcia said he was shocked by what he saw.
"You can't even tell if it's a truck or a car," he said.
Two people were ejected and two were stuck inside the vehicle. Garcia called 911.
"They wanted me to give him CPR. I told them, 'the guy is dead, I cant give him CPR. And I don't know CPR,'" he said.
Investigators are looking into whether alcohol was a factor in the crash.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- David Tillman's weather forecast
29 min ago