Body found near church in northwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A body was found in northwest Houston this morning and police are trying to determine what happened.
According to Houston police, the body was spotted around 10:35am between a church and a creek in the 6500 block of Fairbanks North Houston at Highway 290.
The northbound lanes of Fairbanks North Houston are closed while investigators scour the scene for clues.
Officials say they do not know the person's gender or the time or cause of death.
Anyone with information that could help investigators can call the Houston Police Department or Crime Stoppers.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates as new details become available.
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- Drugs involved in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co., say deputies
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves 59 min ago
- 13 Things to Know for Friday
- Free stuff this Memorial Day weekend 41 min ago
- Hot, humid and breezy as we head into weekend
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos