Housekeeper accused of assaulting, robbing former client at her home in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- A housekeeper is accused of assaulting and robbing one of her former clients at her home in The Woodlands.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office says deputies were dispatched to the 400 block of Pine Edge on April 25, and found the homeowner had been beaten by two suspects. The female victim told deputies she answered a knock at her door at around 10am and a female that she recognized as a former housekeeper engaged her in conversation and asked if she had any work for her.
The victim says a male suspect then forced his way into the residence and that she was assaulted by both of the suspects and tied up. Weapons and jewelry were stolen from the residence.
Deputies say the victim was taken by ambulance to a local hospital for treatment.
Investigators have identified one of the suspects as Deedra Michelle Grubbs and have obtained a warrant for her arrest. Grubbs, 38, is charged with burglary of a habitation.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to a $1,000 cash reward for information leading to an arrest or indictment of a felony crime. You can call 800-392-STOP (7867) or anonymous tips can also be made through the Montgomery Co. Crime Stoppers web site at MontgomeryCountyCrimeStoppers.org.
the woodlands, local
- Severe weather possible this morning 12 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses