Casey Curry skydives with US Army Golden Knights
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- ABC13 Meteorologist Casey Curry took part of an amazing jump with the U.S. Army Golden Knights earlier this week.
Before the jump on Wednesday, everyone had to take a training class. That's where US Army Golden Knights leaders discussed their experiences in the Army, as well as safety measures and procedures for tandem jumps.
Though this was Casey's first skydive, she didn't appear nervous at any point and says she would do it again in a heartbeat with this talented group.
"It was a once in a lifetime opportunity to jump with the Army's elite Golden Knights," she said. "I can't say enough about the Knights. What a team of professionals! I know I was in the best hands in the world and I would jump with them again in a second. I felt brave and excited before my jump. After, I felt 'Army strong!'"
Want to see Casey's jump? We'll have it on Eyewitness News Sunday at 10pm.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods