Houston-area mom says 1 of 6 newborns is sick
HOUSTON -- A Houston-area woman who had sextuplets says five are "cruising along as expected for preemies" while the sixth baby is sick.
Lauren Perkins of Pearland used her website to offer an update on the three boys and three girls.
The infants were born Monday at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. Authorities say five of the babies, born about two months premature, are now breathing on their own.
Hospital officials say no updates on the infants will be provided until Monday.
Perkins was allowed to hold one of her daughters Thursday. She also says the baby who's sick has been making progress. The new mom did not elaborate.
The Houston Chronicle reports the children have been named Andrew Noah, Benjamin Luke, Levi Thomas, Allison Kate, Caroline Grace and Leah Michelle.
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 1 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 6 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?