Houston-area mom says 1 of 6 newborns is sick
HOUSTON -- A Houston-area woman who had sextuplets says five are "cruising along as expected for preemies" while the sixth baby is sick.
Lauren Perkins of Pearland used her website to offer an update on the three boys and three girls.
The infants were born Monday at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. Authorities say five of the babies, born about two months premature, are now breathing on their own.
Hospital officials say no updates on the infants will be provided until Monday.
Perkins was allowed to hold one of her daughters Thursday. She also says the baby who's sick has been making progress. The new mom did not elaborate.
The Houston Chronicle reports the children have been named Andrew Noah, Benjamin Luke, Levi Thomas, Allison Kate, Caroline Grace and Leah Michelle.
- weather: Rain showers popping up across SE Texas
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Police: Suspected drunk driver slams into ambulance
- Boy, 15, bitten by shark at Surfside Beach
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots burglar
- Truck overturns near La Porte; people asked to avoid area
- Boy, 13, charged in 'wrestling' death of girl, 5
- 2nd arson suspect arrested after clothing store fire 41 min ago
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home 42 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps
- Robbers wearing HazMat suits hit jewelry store
- otrc: Bieber investigated in Hollywood hit-and-run
- abcnews: Brain-eating amoeba warning in Florida