Police chase ends in double fatal accident
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An early morning chase in Fort Bend County ended with a car flying through the air, killing two of the three people inside.
It happened on Mason Road near FM 1093 along the Westpark Tollway around 2am. Deputies tried to pull the suspects over for speeding, but the driver refused to stop. A chase ensued with the driver speeding so excessively that at one point, the deputy lost sight of the vehicle.
The driver ended up crashing a short time later, flipping over multiple times. A man and woman in the vehicle died. A second woman was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where she is listed in critical condition.
"The vehicle in question began to travel at a little higher rate of speed and left the roadway near South Mason Road on FM 1093," said Bob Haenel with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators on the scene say the accident was so bad that they didn't know the make, model or color of the vehicle initially.
Authorities had to use the Jaws of Life to get all three victims out of the car. None of the victims have been identified.
There is no word whether alcohol was a factor or whether any of the three were wearing a seatbelt.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home