Nurse accused of murder, baby theft due in court
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A hearing will be held this morning for the woman accused of stealing a newborn baby and killing the mother.
Verna McClain is expected to plead not guilty to charges of capital murder and abduction. Police say she shot and killed a woman and snatched her three-day-old baby as they were leaving a pediatric clinic two weeks ago.
McCain's lawyers say they will ask the judge today to set a low bond at $100,000 so McClain can return home to her three kids.
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013 18 min ago
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption'
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- Suspected molester to cops: 'I need help'
- Man facing charges in beating death of his own mother 31 min ago
- 'Pastor' indicted in real estate investment scam
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized hairball
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos