Houston millionaire convicted in fatal crash to be sentenced in Florida
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A millionaire from Houston convicted of a deadly drunken-driving accident is set to be sentenced today in Florida.
A jury found John Goodman guilty of DUI manslaughter and vehicular homicide for the 2010 crash in West Palm Beach, Florida. Goodman adopted his adult girlfriend to shield some of his assets from a lawsuit but has since settled the suit with the victim's family.
The 48-year old millionaire could get 30 years in prison. He is now being housed in an area reserved for high-profile inmates at a Florida County jail.
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister 1 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Child abducted walking home from school in Pasadena 11 min ago
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co.
- Minor spill, tar balls cleaned up at Galveston 42 min ago
- Two people found on church roof arrested for trespassing
- Texas search team to help after OK twister
- Expect hot, humid conditions with chances of rain
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos