High school student accused of recording video of classmate in school bathroom
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A local high school student is accused of recording video of a classmate in their school bathroom without his consent.
Jimmy Hernandez is charged with improper photography/visual recording. According to court documents, on April 23 Pasadena police responded to a report of someone recording students in a bathroom at South Houston High School. A 16-year-old student told police he was in the boys bathroom when he saw Hernandez, who is one of his classmates, taking video of him with his phone.
Police say a witness also saw Hernandez recording the victim and told police that he heard Hernandez say he was going to put the video on Facebook.
Court documents state another witness told police that Hernandez shot video of the victim above the bathroom stall and that Hernandez showed him part of the video.
Police say Hernandez, 17, admitted to recording video of the victim in the bathroom and they say they located said video on Hernandez's cell phone.
Bond has been set at $2,000.
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 41 min ago
- Photos: Jaguars 27, Texans 20 (F) 21 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Strong winter storm threatens to paralyze N. Texas 51 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs?
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss 4 min ago
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents