Students injured in school bus accident
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Nearly a dozen students were injured in a school bus accident near Missouri City.
The accident happened at about 2:45pm as a Fort Bend ISD bus transporting Elkins High School students home from school collided with another vehicle. The bus was traveling north on FM 1092 near the intersection of Cartwright Road.
Fort Bend ISD spokesperson Nancy Porter says there were 39 students on the bus and no reports of serious injuries. As a precaution, the bus driver and 10 students were transported to St. Luke's and Methodist hospitals in Sugar Land.
The occupants of the car were reportedly taken to an area hospital in unknown condition.
Missouri City Police are investigating the accident.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
missouri city, local
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller 1 min ago
- Katy ISD student reportedly abducted from campus
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Video: Cabbies compete for ride business
- Video: Pope Francis stirs up a little controversy
- Man wants to remove 'murder' tattoo before murder trial
- Club's opening night ends in deadly gunfire
- Boy, 9, sang gospel until abductor released him
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.