Students injured in school bus accident
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Nearly a dozen students were injured in a school bus accident near Missouri City.
The accident happened at about 2:45pm as a Fort Bend ISD bus transporting Elkins High School students home from school collided with another vehicle. The bus was traveling north on FM 1092 near the intersection of Cartwright Road.
Fort Bend ISD spokesperson Nancy Porter says there were 39 students on the bus and no reports of serious injuries. As a precaution, the bus driver and 10 students were transported to St. Luke's and Methodist hospitals in Sugar Land.
The occupants of the car were reportedly taken to an area hospital in unknown condition.
Missouri City Police are investigating the accident.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
missouri city, local
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 42 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 25 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving HISD school 51 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston