Students injured in school bus accident
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Nearly a dozen students were injured in a school bus accident near Missouri City.
The accident happened at about 2:45pm as a Fort Bend ISD bus transporting Elkins High School students home from school collided with another vehicle. The bus was traveling north on FM 1092 near the intersection of Cartwright Road.
Fort Bend ISD spokesperson Nancy Porter says there were 39 students on the bus and no reports of serious injuries. As a precaution, the bus driver and 10 students were transported to St. Luke's and Methodist hospitals in Sugar Land.
The occupants of the car were reportedly taken to an area hospital in unknown condition.
Missouri City Police are investigating the accident.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
missouri city, local
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome' 42 min ago
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires 8 min ago
- Hwy 225 reopens following tanker accident
- Teacher finds bag, returns more than $20K
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention 20 min ago
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Dickinson police asking for help to find missing man
- Don't they like the way he looks?
- Cypress teen Danielle Bradbery wins 'The Voice'
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
48 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos