Bellaire baby with genetic disease and 'bucket list' dies
BELLAIRE, TX (KTRK) -- A baby girl diagnosed with a genetic disease whose online bucket list attracted the attention of millions of people has passed away.
Avery Lynn Cana Huati of Bellaire died Monday from complications related to spinal muscular atrophy. Her parents created a bucket list for her and a blog that followed her as she fulfilled her wishes.
Little Avery got the chance to attend her first baseball game, have a bad hair day, eat a cupcake, play with Play-Dough and play a practical joke on someone. The blog has drawn more than four million page views.
You can read more about this story in the Bellaire Examiner, one of our Houston Community Newspaper partners.
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome' 49 min ago
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires 15 min ago
- Hwy 225 reopens following tanker accident
- Teacher finds bag, returns more than $20K
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died 4 min ago
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention 27 min ago
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Dickinson police asking for help to find missing man
- Don't they like the way he looks?
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
55 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos