Katy engineer charged in BP spill goes to court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An engineer from Katy is expected in court today to answer charges that he deleted sensitive text messages during the BP spill.
Kurt Mix is scheduled for arraignment in New Orleans. Mix is charged with two counts of obstruction of justice and was freed on $100,000 bail.
He is the first person to face criminal charges in the Deepwater Horizon accident which killed 11 people and sent almost five million barrels of oil into the Gulf.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View' 46 min ago
- Crews to assess damage to rig struck by large wave
- Argentine zoo shows off white tiger triplets
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos