Katy engineer charged in BP spill goes to court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An engineer from Katy is expected in court today to answer charges that he deleted sensitive text messages during the BP spill.
Kurt Mix is scheduled for arraignment in New Orleans. Mix is charged with two counts of obstruction of justice and was freed on $100,000 bail.
He is the first person to face criminal charges in the Deepwater Horizon accident which killed 11 people and sent almost five million barrels of oil into the Gulf.
- Tanker spill cleanup continues today 5 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio 14 min ago
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos