First trial connected to Cleveland gang rape case set for May 21
CLEVELAND, TX (KTRK) -- The first trial connected to the alleged gang rape of an 11-year-old girl in Cleveland will happen later this month.
A trial date of May 21 was set for 22-year-old Carlos Ligons. He's one of 20 men and juveniles initially charged in the case. Investigators say the group sexually assaulted the girl in an abandoned trailer, over a three month period in the fall of 2010.
Five of the juveniles and one adult have made plea deals in the case.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course