First trial connected to Cleveland gang rape case set for May 21
CLEVELAND, TX (KTRK) -- The first trial connected to the alleged gang rape of an 11-year-old girl in Cleveland will happen later this month.
A trial date of May 21 was set for 22-year-old Carlos Ligons. He's one of 20 men and juveniles initially charged in the case. Investigators say the group sexually assaulted the girl in an abandoned trailer, over a three month period in the fall of 2010.
Five of the juveniles and one adult have made plea deals in the case.
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea says Kim's uncle removed from power 42 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay