First trial connected to Cleveland gang rape case set for May 21
CLEVELAND, TX (KTRK) -- The first trial connected to the alleged gang rape of an 11-year-old girl in Cleveland will happen later this month.
A trial date of May 21 was set for 22-year-old Carlos Ligons. He's one of 20 men and juveniles initially charged in the case. Investigators say the group sexually assaulted the girl in an abandoned trailer, over a three month period in the fall of 2010.
Five of the juveniles and one adult have made plea deals in the case.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant