First trial connected to Cleveland gang rape case set for May 21
CLEVELAND, TX (KTRK) -- The first trial connected to the alleged gang rape of an 11-year-old girl in Cleveland will happen later this month.
A trial date of May 21 was set for 22-year-old Carlos Ligons. He's one of 20 men and juveniles initially charged in the case. Investigators say the group sexually assaulted the girl in an abandoned trailer, over a three month period in the fall of 2010.
Five of the juveniles and one adult have made plea deals in the case.
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Suspects posing as officers break into home 20 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 4 min ago
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase 18 min ago
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30 30 min ago
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested 50 min ago
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court 27 min ago
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston
- Travis Herzog's Tuesday weather forecast
38 min ago