Former Stafford police officer acquitted in theft trial
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- A former police officer who was accused of theft after nearly $14,000 in funds was discovered missing from the Stafford Police Department's property room was acquitted Friday by a jury in Fort Bend County.Paul Germany was indicted on felony charges of theft and abuse of official capacity in early February, according to the Stafford Police Department.
The funds were discovered missing back in September of last year when the department was implementing a new system for the property room. The case remains under investigation.
Germany was fired on October 26. There is no word on whether he will return to the department.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse