Former Stafford police officer acquitted in theft trial
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- A former police officer who was accused of theft after nearly $14,000 in funds was discovered missing from the Stafford Police Department's property room was acquitted Friday by a jury in Fort Bend County.Paul Germany was indicted on felony charges of theft and abuse of official capacity in early February, according to the Stafford Police Department.
The funds were discovered missing back in September of last year when the department was implementing a new system for the property room. The case remains under investigation.
Germany was fired on October 26. There is no word on whether he will return to the department.
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area 8 min ago
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Robbery suspects lead police on overnight chase
- Officer hurt when driver hits cruiser in NW Houston
- Nuisance buildings around Houston coming down today
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon 15 min ago
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos