Father of baby found dead in fridge charged
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A father is charged with injury to a child by omission after the body of his infant son was found in a refrigerator at his southwest Houston apartment.
Joseph Deelee Mouton, 57, called 911 early Wednesday and told dispatchers he was suicidal, but first responders soon realized there was an even more tragic situation at hand.
"When first responders responded to the scene, they in turn learned from neighbors that there was a child in the house," Sgt. Ora Chandler with HPD Homicide said. "In searching for the child in the house, they opened the refrigerator and saw that the decedent was inside the refrigerator."
According to court documents, Mouton dropped his young son on April 29 while he was intoxicated and then failed to get medical help.
The six-month-old was found in the fridge four days later.
Mouton was arrested Friday and remained in Harris County Jail on $100,000 bond Saturday.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail