Father of baby found dead in fridge charged
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A father is charged with injury to a child by omission after the body of his infant son was found in a refrigerator at his southwest Houston apartment.
Joseph Deelee Mouton, 57, called 911 early Wednesday and told dispatchers he was suicidal, but first responders soon realized there was an even more tragic situation at hand.
"When first responders responded to the scene, they in turn learned from neighbors that there was a child in the house," Sgt. Ora Chandler with HPD Homicide said. "In searching for the child in the house, they opened the refrigerator and saw that the decedent was inside the refrigerator."
According to court documents, Mouton dropped his young son on April 29 while he was intoxicated and then failed to get medical help.
The six-month-old was found in the fridge four days later.
Mouton was arrested Friday and remained in Harris County Jail on $100,000 bond Saturday.
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 43 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John... 22 min ago
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians