Father of baby found dead in fridge charged
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A father is charged with injury to a child by omission after the body of his infant son was found in a refrigerator at his southwest Houston apartment.
Joseph Deelee Mouton, 57, called 911 early Wednesday and told dispatchers he was suicidal, but first responders soon realized there was an even more tragic situation at hand.
"When first responders responded to the scene, they in turn learned from neighbors that there was a child in the house," Sgt. Ora Chandler with HPD Homicide said. "In searching for the child in the house, they opened the refrigerator and saw that the decedent was inside the refrigerator."
According to court documents, Mouton dropped his young son on April 29 while he was intoxicated and then failed to get medical help.
The six-month-old was found in the fridge four days later.
Mouton was arrested Friday and remained in Harris County Jail on $100,000 bond Saturday.
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house 45 min ago
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- Texas rapper indicted, controlled substance count
- Galveston leaders to meet over Ike housing story
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: 'Captain American' car stolen from movie set