Father of baby found dead in fridge charged
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A father is charged with injury to a child by omission after the body of his infant son was found in a refrigerator at his southwest Houston apartment.
Joseph Deelee Mouton, 57, called 911 early Wednesday and told dispatchers he was suicidal, but first responders soon realized there was an even more tragic situation at hand.
"When first responders responded to the scene, they in turn learned from neighbors that there was a child in the house," Sgt. Ora Chandler with HPD Homicide said. "In searching for the child in the house, they opened the refrigerator and saw that the decedent was inside the refrigerator."
According to court documents, Mouton dropped his young son on April 29 while he was intoxicated and then failed to get medical help.
The six-month-old was found in the fridge four days later.
Mouton was arrested Friday and remained in Harris County Jail on $100,000 bond Saturday.
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels 6 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- David Tillman's weather forecast
47 min ago