Suspect disappears during SWAT standoff
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A SWAT scene lasted several hours Sunday in deep southwest Houston, and it ended with a suspect on the run and officers scratching their heads.
According to the Houston Police Department, officers were originally called to a report of an assault at a home in the 4400 block of Yupon Ridge at Bandlon around 8am.
Police said a woman called 911 and said her brother had been drinking and was verbally and physically threatening her.
When authorities arrived, the woman and her 22-year-old brother were arguing in the garage. He threatened to hurt his sister and then moved toward an officer, police said.
That's when the officer tried to stop the man with a Taser, authorities said, but it didn't work.
The suspect ran back inside the house and refused to come out.
The woman was not injured.
SWAT officers perched outside the house for hours Sunday, trying to get the suspect out of the house peacefully.
Around 3:45pm, they went inside the house and the man was gone. They aren't sure when he escaped.
Authorities are looking for the suspect. His name has not been released. He faces charges of assault by threat against a family member and assault by threat against a police officer. Anyone with information can call HPD.
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos