Cy-Fair ISD named best large district in the state
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Cypress-Fairbanks ISD has been named the best large district in the state of Texas by H-E-B.
The district was recognized last night at the 2012 H-E-B Excellence in Education Awards with $100,000 going to the district for the honor.
About 108,000 students attend Cy Fair ISD, making it the third-largest district in the state.
Cy-Fair ISD received another recognition. Hamilton Elementary Principal Catherine Bartlett was the only Houston-area educator to walk away with an award for her work. She won a $10,000 prize for herself and $25,000 for her school.
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013 59 min ago
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption'
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty... 25 min ago
- Suspected molester to cops: 'I need help'
- Man facing charges in beating death of his own mother
- 'Pastor' indicted in real estate investment scam
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized hairball
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos