Cy-Fair ISD named best large district in the state
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Cypress-Fairbanks ISD has been named the best large district in the state of Texas by H-E-B.
The district was recognized last night at the 2012 H-E-B Excellence in Education Awards with $100,000 going to the district for the honor.
About 108,000 students attend Cy Fair ISD, making it the third-largest district in the state.
Cy-Fair ISD received another recognition. Hamilton Elementary Principal Catherine Bartlett was the only Houston-area educator to walk away with an award for her work. She won a $10,000 prize for herself and $25,000 for her school.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW 26 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date? 42 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'