Teens charged in man's murder over weekend
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County sheriff's deputies have arrested two people and are searching for two more they say killed a man in front of his wife and daughter over the weekend.
Two of those in custody are just 15 years old.
Residents at the complex told us they have been on edge since the murder a few days ago. They are relieved that the suspects are now behind bars, but they say they won't stop looking over their shoulder until all four have been captured.
"His van was right here and I think her car was right here," said neighbor R.C. Haynes. "His body was just between the vehicles."
It's still fresh in the minds of neighbors at the Miramar apartments. Those who knew Victor Quevedo say he was very quiet. The 40-year-old father was robbed, stabbed and then shot to death right in front of his teen daughter and his wife.
We spoke to his scared and distraught wife the night of the murder. She told how she begged for his life.
With four suspects on the run, Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies got a break in the case Monday when they arrested two 15-year-old male juveniles, who authorities say confessed to their part in the murder. Investigators say two others, including Christian Alexander Lopez,17, and another unidentified suspect, are still on the loose.
"Two is great, but hopefully they confess to the other two," said Haynes.
The victim's family tells Eyewitness News his wife and daughter have moved out of this apartment complex.
"She moved yesterday evening," Haynes said.
But for many residents, that family who witnessed the horrifying murder will always stay in their thoughts.
"That man was probably trying to protect his family, so my heart goes out to them," Haynes told us.
Investigators say they are actively searching for Lopez and the other suspect. All four suspects are facing capital murder charges.
HPD says all four suspects may be connected to an aggravated robbery that happened nearby within hours of Quevedo's murder.
local, samica knight
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush 12 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- South Africans pray for Mandela 27 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's 36 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats