Man shot to death outside west Houston apartment
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are trying to identify a man found shot to death in west Houston, and they think a case of beer may help them.
Investigators are canvassing his apartment complex on Grow near Guhn, trying to find out if anyone knows him.
He apparently lived at the apartment complex, officials said, and they think he may have been on a beer run.
The man's body was found around 3:45am, lying on a sidewalk between two apartment buildings. A bag of beer was next to him.
Police tell us he was shot an unknown number of times, but once in the armpit.
The motive for the killing is unknown at this time. The victim still had his wallet and cash, but no identification on him.
"His wallet was found out in the street, though he still had some money on him. There was money still in the wallet. We believe they may have panicked and thrown the walletn," HPD Sgt. Biggs said. "A black male with short braids, heavyset, was seen running from the scene. Whether he is a suspect or a witness of a friend of the complainant is unknown."
Anyone with information can call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates as they become available.
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow