Crime Stoppers offering largest reward ever of $200K in shooting death of medical student
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The largest reward ever offered for a Crime Stoppers tip was announced Tuesday afternoon in Houston. The record $200,000 is being offered to help solve the murder of Gelareh Bagherzadeh, who was killed back in January.
On January 16, the medical researcher was shot outside her home near Augusta and Woodway in the Tanglewood area. Police have no idea who may have killed Bagherzadeh or why.
"It's been four months since my sister was senselessly murdered behind our home. These past four months have been unimaginably hard on all of us," said the victim's brother, Ali Bagherzadeh.
Police hope the $200,000 will prompt someone to come forward with information about the murder.
Police ask anyone with information about the murder to contact Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
If you have information in this case, call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submit tips online at www.crime-stoppers.org. All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 2 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery on UH campus 28 min ago
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas 46 min ago
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- 5 Things to Know for Today 53 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Move over emerald, a new color will take over next year
- David Tillman's midday weather forecast
54 min ago