Stripper 'Pocahontas' arrested on capital murder charge in man's shooting death
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police have arrested a stripper named "Pocahontas" in a capital murder investigation.
Luerissie Ross was arrested Tuesday morning in Katy. Police say Ross confessed to helping arrange the robbery and fatal shooting of a man in February. Officers say two friends of Ross fatally wounded Budrohoe Briscoe during the robbery. He died about two weeks later.
"We know there is another case. In that case, the victim has not chosen to cooperate with us, so we believe that others exist; others may feel uncomfortable or embarrassed about coming forward," said C.P. Abbey with HPD Homicide Division.
Besides Ross, officers have arrested another person in this case and have a third person of interest.
Ross, 20, is charged with capital murder.
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase 49 min ago
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves 18 min ago
- Alleged drug money seized in Liberty County 20 min ago
- Houston city pools open this weekend 21 min ago
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday 25 min ago
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption