Pasadena church fire ruled arson
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A three-alarm fire that erupted at an old church building in Pasadena has been ruled arson, officials announced Sunday.
According to Pasadena Fire Marshal David Brenham, investigators are following some leads in an effort to catch the person or people responsible for the blaze.
The fire happened around 3pm Friday in the 3500 block of Red Bluff and it burned into the night.
The vacant building once housed the Sharron Lutheran Church. In the 60's, the building was the home of the mega-church of its day in the then-small city of Pasadena. During the blaze Friday, firefighters had to collapse it in order to get the flames under control.
No injuries were reported.
A woman who works at a day care that was next door to the building tells us two people were seen running away from it just moments before the fire erupted.
Anyone with information that could help in this investigation is urged to call 713-475-5556, or call Crime Stoppers if you would like to remain anonymous.
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years 48 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View' 9 min ago
- Crews to assess damage to rig struck by large wave 30 min ago
- Argentine zoo shows off white tiger triplets 43 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos