Popular Montrose area restaurant catches fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A fire broke out early this morning at a Montrose area restaurant. Fire crews say the fire appears to be suspicious.
The flames broke out around 3:40am at the Dolce Vita restaurant off Westheimer near Whitney. Firefighters say the fire started in a dumpster, then quickly spread to the back of the building.
The restaurant was closed for the night and nobody was inside at the time of the fire. Firefighters say this warrants an investigation.
"It's not abnormal to have dumpster fires, but when they catch on the building, that is when we have to call arson to investigate so we can have a true cause for it, because there is really no way for a dumpster fire to start without something going inside the dumpster," said Houston Fire Department District Chief Eric Hutzley.
Fire crews say there is a lot of smoke damage in front of the restaurant and fire damage in the back of the building, totally about $40,000..
There were no injuries reported. The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.
montrose, local, elissa rivas
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase 57 min ago
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves 26 min ago
- Alleged drug money seized in Liberty County 28 min ago
- Houston city pools open this weekend 29 min ago
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday 33 min ago
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption