Veterans exhibit in Sugar Land for Memorial Day weekend
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- The Wall That Heals traveling exhibit will be in Sugar Land for the Memorial Day weekend.
The exhibit was to be brought into Sugar Land on Tuesday. A replica of Maya Lin's Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington DC, it has traveled to more than 300 cities across the country. Organized by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund, an organization charged with preserving The Wall, the exhibit also includes an education area with pictures and military artifacts.
The display of the traveling exhibition at Sugar Land Memorial Park, 15300 University Blvd. from May 24 to 28, from 8am to 8pm, is planned to coincide with Memorial Day weekend and the city's Memorial Day ceremony.
All activities are free and open to the public.
sugar land, local
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat