Veterans exhibit in Sugar Land for Memorial Day weekend
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- The Wall That Heals traveling exhibit will be in Sugar Land for the Memorial Day weekend.
The exhibit was to be brought into Sugar Land on Tuesday. A replica of Maya Lin's Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington DC, it has traveled to more than 300 cities across the country. Organized by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund, an organization charged with preserving The Wall, the exhibit also includes an education area with pictures and military artifacts.
The display of the traveling exhibition at Sugar Land Memorial Park, 15300 University Blvd. from May 24 to 28, from 8am to 8pm, is planned to coincide with Memorial Day weekend and the city's Memorial Day ceremony.
All activities are free and open to the public.
sugar land, local
- Child killed by falling tree branch 23 min ago
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle
- 3 shoplifting suspects nabbed after hour-long chase
- HISD school principal accused of shoplifting
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man found dead at home in Fort Bend County 2 min ago
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Texans can still make the playoffs if...
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman warning others after car sale goes awry
- When fictional sex is bad, really bad
- Last day of warm before the temperatures drop
- Video: Saving money on holiday cards
- Mom, 17, fatally stabbed while holding baby
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
58 min ago