Man run over, killed after fight in Pasadena
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A man is dead after police say he was beaten and possibly run over after leaving a Pasadena bar.
Right now, police are working to figure out exactly what led up to all of that. Investigators at the Pasadena Police Department tell us they are talking to seven witnesses who were with the victim when this happened or saw the incident.
Police believe this began at Emiliano's Sports Bar on Spencer Highway in Pasadena sometime before 3am Thursday. There may have been a confrontation at the bar. A group of people left the club in two separate vehicles, with six people in one and at least two people in the other.
At some point, police say the vehicles made contact and a couple of miles away from the bar at 2900 Shaver, the people got out of their vehicles. There was a fight and a man was run over by one of the vehicles.
He was taken in a personal vehicle to Bayshore Medical Center, where he died. Police say it appears the man had been beaten as well as run over.
It's not yet clear if the victim was run over on purpose or accidentally.
Police say the investigation is ongoing.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane 42 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV 53 min ago
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW 45 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat