Reward offered in case of vandalism of Pearland ISD's The Rig football field
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- A reward is now being offered for information leading police to the persons responsible for damaging the football field at the 'The Rig' in Pearland.
On Monday evening, vandals hit tore up Pearland High School's field at the stadium near Pearland Parkway and South Main Street. A soccer coach arrived Tuesday morning and found the field turf cut in the middle of the field.
The dollar amount of the damage done is not known, Pearland police say, but could easily be in the thousands of dollars.
Police are investigating the vandalism. They will look at video from security cameras around the stadium.
A private citizen is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the subjects responsible.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Jernigan at 281-997-4144 or Brazoria County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-460-2222.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire