Reward offered in case of vandalism of Pearland ISD's The Rig football field
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- A reward is now being offered for information leading police to the persons responsible for damaging the football field at the 'The Rig' in Pearland.
On Monday evening, vandals hit tore up Pearland High School's field at the stadium near Pearland Parkway and South Main Street. A soccer coach arrived Tuesday morning and found the field turf cut in the middle of the field.
The dollar amount of the damage done is not known, Pearland police say, but could easily be in the thousands of dollars.
Police are investigating the vandalism. They will look at video from security cameras around the stadium.
A private citizen is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the subjects responsible.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Jernigan at 281-997-4144 or Brazoria County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-460-2222.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 53 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Gov. Perry to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
56 min ago