Reward offered in case of vandalism of Pearland ISD's The Rig football field
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- A reward is now being offered for information leading police to the persons responsible for damaging the football field at the 'The Rig' in Pearland.
On Monday evening, vandals hit tore up Pearland High School's field at the stadium near Pearland Parkway and South Main Street. A soccer coach arrived Tuesday morning and found the field turf cut in the middle of the field.
The dollar amount of the damage done is not known, Pearland police say, but could easily be in the thousands of dollars.
Police are investigating the vandalism. They will look at video from security cameras around the stadium.
A private citizen is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the subjects responsible.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Jernigan at 281-997-4144 or Brazoria County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-460-2222.
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- Driver killed when SUV goes airborne
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- Volunteer firefighters save man from burning home
- Man found fatally shot at Motel 6 in east Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos