Galveston to host annual hurrican prep meeting
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- On Wednesday, Galveston will make sure it's prepared for hurricanes with a training exercise on the beach and a town hall meeting in the evening.
The city's Hurricane Preparedness Town Hall Meeting is scheduled to begin at 6pm at the Galveston Island Convention Center, 5600 Seawall Boulevard. The meeting will address what everyone needs to do should a major hurricane hit.
Attendees also are encouraged to watch a training drill, which is scheduled to begin at 5pm.
As in year's past, exhibits will open to the public prior to the start of the meeting.
Elected officials, National Weather Service personnel, and representatives from UTMB, Galveston County, and the City of Galveston will make informative presentations.
The public can address the speakers during a community Q&A session. Free hot dogs, cake, and drinks will be provided to all attendees.
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 5, drowns in Fort Bend County pool 55 min ago
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes 29 min ago
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris County 17 min ago
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank 44 min ago
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos