Shuttle replica sailing to Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houstonians are still upset that Space City will not be getting a retired shuttle, but a shuttle mock-up is on its way to the Johnson Space Center.
The 123-foot replica known as the Explorer was loaded onto a barge in Cape Canaveral Thursday.
It is scheduled to arrive in Galveston Bay on June 1.
The Seabrook-Kemah Bridge will be closed for 30 minutes on that date to allow the barge carrying the replica into the Clear Lake Channel.
nasa, johnson space center, shuttle, local
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels 8 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 30 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 13 min ago
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'