HPD: Woman shot in parking lot didn't feel a thing
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a woman was so intoxicated that she was shot and bleeding but didn't feel a thing.
She was shot in southwest Houston in a parking lot on Bissonnet near Plainfield, officials said.
Police say the woman went inside a sports bar to lie down. That's when someone noticed she was bleeding and called 911.
It turns she had a gunshot wound in her side.
She was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital in serious but stable condition.
Police are working to figure out what happened.
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Severe weather clears Houston 15 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- 'Topless' protest falls flat on Brazil beach
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?