One dead after two people hit by car in Spring area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A car struck two people in northwest Harris County, killing a teenage girl walking near a busy intersection
The accident happened at around 2:30pm on Louetta and Kuykendahl. Investigators say the teenage girl was killed in the wreck, while a male teenager was transported via ambulance to the hospital.
Emergency workers rushed the young man into the ambulance, hoping to save his life. Both he and the young woman were walking eastbound on Louetta when they were hit. The girl, 14, died at the site of the crash.
Investigators believe they were hit by this black Dodge, driven by a man also going eastbound on Louetta.
According to investigators, they say they got at least one phone call before the accident complaining about the black Dodge traveling erratically down Louetta.
Family and friends soon gathered at the accident location trying to piece together what happened. Her devastated brother told us the victim was just walking down the street.
"She was 14 years old and she like to have fun and everything. And then when I saw her, I did not know where she went. I was going to my friend's house and then I don't know where she went," said the victim's brother, Benjamin Sanchez.
According to investigators, the 21-year-old male victim was riding on the bicycle and the girl was walking on the grass alongside the road. The male victim is still in critical condition at the hospital.
The driver stopped and was questioned by investigators. Police say he will undergo a mandatory blood draw.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Beautiful lights for a good cause
21 min ago