Couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide in Spring area
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- Neighbors' calls to 911 lead police to a deadly scene inside a Spring area home Monday. Now investigators are trying to figure out what happened there.
Investigators are not saying exactly where both bodies were discovered. As the story unfolds, it has saddened many in this typically quiet neighborhood.
The yellow crime tape that circled the home at West Greenvine Court and North Greenvine Circle stunned the entire neighborhood.
"It's really sad," said neighbor Jamie Williams.
Deputies towed the car they say the husband was driving before the shooting. They say he parked down the street and shot his wife around 4:30pm before turning the gun on himself. Neighbors heard noises and called 911.
Investigators say the couple had been separated for months and had filed for divorce.
"Think before we act out of rage," said Williams. "It's real easy to do, but if we can get a minute to step back, nobody really wants to shoot each other, or themselves. Contention is just poison."
Children were in the home at the time and then moved to a safe location once investigators arrived.
"Any death that leaves children behind, obviously that's a tough situation. But we do our jobs," said Det. Dan Zientek with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office.
"What would it be like to know that your parents did that? It's just tragic," Williams said.
No names have been released yet because of family notification.
An autopsy will be done on both bodies. Deputies will also be checking for any kind of history like a restraining order or previous law enforcement calls.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
spring, the woodlands, local, christine dobbyn
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast 2 min ago
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game 11 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Two Texas veterans, both age 107, meet for 1st time 14 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression