Amber Alert canceled for abducted 1-year-old Alvin boy
ALVIN, TX (KTRK) -- The 14-month-old boy who was the subject of an Amber Alert was found safe Tuesday night. Police say the toddler was taken earlier in the day from his home in Alvin.
Alvin police say Manuel Recendez was kidnapped at about 5:20pm. They say his mother had him in a stroller as they were out for a walk near West Phillips and Second Street, which is not far from their home.
Investigators say that's where at least three men and two women jumped out of a car nearby, grabbing Manuel from the stroller. They apparently didn't show any weapons, but police say they sped off with the child before the mother could do anything about it.
Alvin police negotiated the child's release.
"The identity of one of the suspects was known by the family," said Detective Bobby Taylor with the Alvin Police Department. "Detectives were able to get on the phone with him and I think through a third party, made arrangements for the child to be dropped off at the hospital and be examined."
Police are not yet saying why the child might have been kidnapped or if the abductors made any demands. At this point, they have four women who they consider "detained for questioning." They tell us no arrests have yet been made.
They are looking at the possibility that three people, possibly more, could have been involved in this kidnapping. What relationship, if any, there is between kidnappers and the victim or his family right now is not known.
amber alert, alvin, local
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house 10 min ago
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates 31 min ago
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- Texas rapper indicted, controlled substance count
- Galveston leaders to meet over Ike housing story
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: 'Captain American' car stolen from movie set 47 min ago
- Pilot captures video of volcano eruption
47 min ago
- Aftermath of 5.7-magnitude quake in...
47 min ago