Two charged in connection with kidnapped boy
ALVIN, TX (KTRK) -- There are new developments on a kidnapping case out of Alvin today.
Police have charged two people with aggravated kidnapping and plan more arrests today. This, after a one-year-old boy was grabbed from his stroller yesterday.
Manuel Recendez's mother says three men and two women took her son around 5:30pm, then fled. The boy was dropped off at Southeast Memorial Hospital by four women last night after police negotiated his release.
Detectives started talking to the suspects when they phoned the victim's family.
"The identity of one of the suspects was known by the family," said Detective Bobby Taylor with the Alvin Police Department. "Detectives were able to get on the phone with him and I think through a third party, made arrangements for the child to be dropped off at the hospital and be examined."
it is not clear why the boy was taken.
amber alert, alvin, local
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck