Two charged in connection with kidnapped boy
ALVIN, TX (KTRK) -- There are new developments on a kidnapping case out of Alvin today.
Police have charged two people with aggravated kidnapping and plan more arrests today. This, after a one-year-old boy was grabbed from his stroller yesterday.
Manuel Recendez's mother says three men and two women took her son around 5:30pm, then fled. The boy was dropped off at Southeast Memorial Hospital by four women last night after police negotiated his release.
Detectives started talking to the suspects when they phoned the victim's family.
"The identity of one of the suspects was known by the family," said Detective Bobby Taylor with the Alvin Police Department. "Detectives were able to get on the phone with him and I think through a third party, made arrangements for the child to be dropped off at the hospital and be examined."
it is not clear why the boy was taken.
amber alert, alvin, local
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'