Two teens arrested, accused of vandalizing 'The Rig'
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- Two teens accused of vandalizing a high school football field in Pearland turned themselves in Tuesday night, say police.
Anthony Pedro Lowe, 18 and Jorge E. Flores, 18, both from Pearland and attend Pearland High School, were taken into custody on criminal mischief warrants. Police say a tip led them to identify the pair, who police believe damaged the field at 'The Rig' back on May 21.
Police say Lowe and Flores cut large portions of artificial turf from the center of the field and put them in the stands. Repairing the field could cost as much as $50,000, say police.
Bond has been set at $20,000 apiece.
Investigators hope to recreate a timeline of the damage, and are asking anyone who has information about this case to call Pearland police at 281-997-4144.
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 31 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 11 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 48 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged 41 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows 12 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
41 min ago