Woman accused of assaulting Santa Fe officers
SANTA FE, TX (KTRK) -- A woman is accused of assaulting a pair of Santa Fe police officers as they tried to arrest for another crime.
On Monday, police were called to a home in the 5800 block of FM 646 S. When officers got there, they found two female victims who claimed they were assaulted by their roommate, Amber Garen.
Garen was spotted in a nearby yard, but fled as officers approached. After a chase, officers were attempted to take her into custody, but they say Garen fought back, kicking, punching and even biting the officers.
Garen, 22, was charged with assault on a public servant, evading arrest and assault causing bodily injury. She is being held at the Galveston County Jail on $12,500 bond.
santa fe, local
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 32 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW 9 min ago
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses 27 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date? 39 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 50 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 52 min ago
- Travis Herzog's Tuesday weather forecast
44 min ago